Sunday, May 2, 2010

New Project - Scrappy Hand Pieced Quilt - Tumbling Blocks

On Friday we all went to the Australian Quilt Convention and had a lovely time doing workshops, and checking out all the beautiful fabrics and quilts on display.
Several of us did a hand piecing workshop and I have been inspired to start a 'scrappy' hand pieced quilt just for the fun of it.  Yesterday I sorted through all my scraps and came up with the colour combination of red, cream and black and have plopped them in a small pile on my desk to start cutting out on a rainy afternoon, or our next get together.  It's nice to have a small project you can just put in your hand bag for those times you need some portable sewing. 
It will be interesting to see what size it ends up before I get sick of it.  Perhaps only lap size!
Photos to follow.

2 comments:

  1. You're off to a flying start, well done! I'll be looking forward to seeing your selections next get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished my piece today after not being able to thread the teeny tiny needle at class!! I'm also hooked - stars, hexagons you name it. I really really like to do hand piecing

    ReplyDelete