Sunday, May 2, 2010

AQC

We did have a good time at the Australian Quilt Convention  ... not many purchases for me but I fell in love with the Handi Quilter HQ Avante  18 " longarm quilting machine and HQ Studio Frame (or Inspira Imperial Frame). Have to come into serious money and a few feet of room space for that one, though. It was a dream to use and such a big work area with the large machine throat. I could get a lot of tops quilted with such a machine! I definitely decided that the QBOT automated quilter was not on my wish list anymore.

These pieces of William Morris style fabric from Patchwork by the Sea took my eye as they matched my tea towels from York, and I also picked up a couple of threads to try, some basting spray and a little packet of Lisa Walton's fusible shapes (leaves).

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing what you do with your Fusibles.

    ReplyDelete