Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Twiggy Dress

I made this dress a month or so ago and have been wearing it ever since.  It's the 'Twiggy Dress' pattern from Style Arc patterns.  I don't know why it's named this as I am definitely no Twiggy! It's made out of a winter knit and I wear it with tights and a long sleeve t-shirt underneath.  It has just enough curvy-ness in the princess seams to be flattering and the neck and sleeve bands can be made in a contrasting colour if desired.
I am definitely going to make it again as it is currently my favourite dress.  This time in a summer cotton.
Check out Style Arc's website as they have a lot of really up to date patterns, that are drafted in ready-to-wear sizes and measurements.  I am currently making their cargo pants and so far they fit perfectly so no fiddling with crotch seam and waist adjustments as I usually have to do with other commercial patterns.  The bigger commercial pattern companies are still using 1950s proportions, and I don't know about you, but I no longer have a barbie doll figure.
The only criticism I have is that there aren't many instructions with the patterns so they probably aren't aimed at beginners.  But so far I am loving the style and the fit and the no-fuss one size patterns, so I will definitely be buying more from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment